Saturday, March 26, 2005

Arturo Fuente Short Story

I love perfectos. Holding one in the hand is quite exciting. A good rolled perfecto is a good indication of how much a manufacturer cares for their cigars.

Upon getting a box of the Short Story I quickly noticed how beautiful the box looked. Fresh from the box I noticed the cigar weren't dry quite suprising since the box went through more than 20 days of postal nightmare.

The Humidipak that came with it does work no doubt about that. It was a long day and after a naan and tandoori dinner I light up the Short Story.

The Cameroon wrapper was toothy well uniformed end to end. I'm not at all suprise it is afterall a Fuente. I expect no less.

Once underway it's fun, yes fun to see how the burn evolves. The aroma was quite aromatic, sharp but very pleasant of cedar and coal. The cigar starts of cinnamon and chalk. Halfway a bit of tea is sensed, a bit grassy but quite bold and well rounded. It was consistent throughout, and light cedar ended the cigar.

A perfect cigar to end a long day when time is well....short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home